Problem Gambling Awareness Training
At Clubs New Zealand we are committed to host responsibility and providing club committees, management and staff with the tools, resources and knowledge that enables them to build a culture of care.
The Gambling (Harm Prevention and Minimisation) Amendment Regulations 2023 introduce new training requirements for venues operating Class 4 Gaming. Clubs New Zealand has developed its Problem Gambling Awareness Training to ensure that our members and their staff are compliant and delivering a safe and welcoming experience for members.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Club Managers, staff and officers.
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
Clubs New Zealand's Problem Gambling Awareness Training is designed to be fully compliant with the regulations.
On completing the training you will:
- Be able to approach a player that you have reasonable grounds to believe may be experiencing difficulties relating to gambling; and
- Be able to provide information to a player about the characteristics of problem gambling (including the recognised signs of problem gambling); and
- Be able to provide information to a player about the potential dangers of problem gambling; and
- Be able to provide information to a player about how to access problem gambling services; and
- Understand the exclusion order process and be able to discuss with players the exclusion options that are available.
- Be able to monitor for signs of harm, including through conducting gambling area sweeps.
HOW LONG IS IT?
Approximately 2 hours
Clubs who have purchased the ClubsSmart Gambling Compliance Package receive unlimited access to scheduled Problem Gambling Awareness Training.
Non-members and clubs who are not part of the compliance package are invited to email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
MORE INFORMATION AND TO BOOK:
Contact Clubs New Zealand on 0800 425 827 or visit the training calendar for upcoming dates and venues