This page was update 1 December 2020
Clubs New Zealand (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website www.clubsnz.org.nz. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
What Information Do We Collect?
We gather various information about our current and potential customers including current and potential customers of our member clubs. This information includes the following personal information;
- Your name;
- Your email, residential or business addresses;
- Your Date of Birth and gender details;
- Your telephone number;
- Details of your club membership with clubs which are members of our association;
- Key interest areas including club sports and facilities.
Where Do We Collect Your Personal Information Form?
- By you to us for the purpose of enquiring about or receiving our products and services;
- To us by you through any other method, including when signing up to our mobile application (“app”) or member’ website login and through your correspondence and discussions with us; and
- Third parties where we reasonably believe you have authorised this, or where we reasonably believe the information is publicly available.
How Will We Use Your Personal Information?
We will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Email, Newsletters and Other Notices
We may send emails throughout the enquiry process or related to the products and services you receive from us as well as other newsletter emails you elect to receive. In addition, we may send out promotional material to you promoting products and services we think that may be relevant to you. It is out policy to immediately remove any person from any mailing list upon the person’s request.
App and Website Information
When you use our app or website, we may collect information about how you interact with us including;
- Your browser’s internet address;
- Your IP address;
- The date and time of your visit;
- Your electronic device;
- The pages you have visited on our website and on other sites immediately prior to or after you visit our website.
This information is used to:
- Verify your identity when accessing our services;
- Learn about your preferences in connection with the services we provide;
- Facilitate connecting you with an associated club; and
- Maintain and update our membership records.
We may also provide this information to our partners for carrying out data analytics services for the purpose of providing insights to our business operations. The information may be combined with other personal information we have collected from you or have received from a third-party partner.
When you access our app you may be prompted to allow us access to your location information and to allow us to provide you with push notifications on your mobile device. If you agree to allow these functions and later change your mind, you can opt-out by updating the privacy settings on your mobile device.
Our app and website contain links to websites of our third-party partners and associated clubs. information you may provide on these websites is subject to the privacy policies of our partners. We encourage you to make enquiries of such policies before providing our partners with your personal information.
Some of the functions of our app may be provided or hosted by third-parties which have no affiliation with us. These third-parties may collect similar information to that outlined above. If you have any questions about which third-parties may have access to your information through the use of our app or website, you may contact us at email@example.com for more information.
About our Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of information that our website sends to our app and your web browser and stores on your devices hard drive.
Our app and website may also issue third-party cookies and tags which may collect similar information for our trusted third-part partners to use in the marketing and data analytics services we receive.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Clubs that are members of Clubs New Zealand Incorporated
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we may need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [insert email address]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
[If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/facebook/chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.]
Updates to our Information Practices
We reserve the right to change this policy. By continuing to liaise and engage with us in respect of any products and services supplied or provided by us, you agree to be bound by the amended policy. You should check from time to time to see if the policy has changed.