A message from the Clubs New Zealand Board and National Office Team
16 December 2021
We are drawing closer to the end of what has been a very challenging year. We know that the challenges persist for many members, especially for those currently at the Red setting. We would like to reiterate that Clubs New Zealand is here to help you and we continue to advocate for the interests, rights, and privileges of clubs wherever we can.
As we reflect on the year that was, it is important to acknowledge what we have collectively achieved. Since the start of the Delta outbreak in August, Clubs New Zealand has:
- Sent 28 covid specific memos to clubs.
- Sent 16 Club Industry e-Newsletters covering covid among other things.
- Released 3 media releases.
- Increased activity on the Clubs New Zealand Facebook Page
- Regularly updated the Clubs New Zealand website
- Held 3 webinars
- Sent multiple letters to:
- The New Zealand Police
- Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern
- Hon Grant Robertson (Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Sports)
- Hon Chris Hipkins (Covid Response Minister)
- Hon Jan Tinetti (DIA Minister)
- Hon Poto Williams (Police Minister)
- Hon Stuart Nash (Minister for Small Business)
- Hon Kris Faafoi (Minister of Justice)
- Hon Ayesha Verrall (Minister for Seniors)
- Hon David Clark
- Hon Andrew Little (Minister of Health)
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Various National Party Ministers
- Act Party Ministers
Outside of the covid related work, we have:
- Submitted on the Incorporated Societies Bill, provided in-depth analysis of the bill and have made progress on rewriting the model constitution.
- Submitted on the DIAs Working Capital Ratio Policy and Release of Venue Level GMP Data as well as several venue policy renewals.
- Undertaken the first National Club Census to develop a snapshot of our industry and inform future work.
- Launched a review of Clubs New Zealand’s Governance Training offering to ensure it is accessible, meaningful and promotes the principals of good governance.
- Successfully launched a major update to the Clubs New Zealand mobile app to make it easier for members to sign up and use.
- We continue to make progress on the Clubs New Zealand digital strategy, the app continues to grow, the POS is being trialled and we are working closely with key partners to bring technological solutions to clubs.
- Reviewed the Employment Agreement Templates to ensure that they are up to date and relevant.
Outside of the above matters life has gone on, and we have continued to support clubs as usual. Licensing concerns, rising costs and employment issues persist with or without covid.
On behalf of the Board and team at National Office we would like to thank you all for your continued support, particularly as we navigated the covid environment. Your emails and words of encouragement were heard and greatly appreciated by us all. We look forward to starting the New Year with you all in Hastings for the 2022 Clubs New Zealand Conference, AGM & EXPO.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays with family and friends.
The Clubs New Zealand Board, Larry Graham, Dave Tilley, Keith Ballantyne, Lucy Waterreus, Michelle Mazey, Leigh Williams and Kate Smith.