Otorohanga Club - General Manager - Hospitality
The Otorohanga Club Incorporated is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced General Manager to manage all aspects of the Club. Membership is around 1800.
The successful applicant will ideally demonstrate the following attributes:
- Holder of a current General Manager's Certificate in accordance with the Sale of Alcohol Act 2012.
- Understanding of and experience in business operations, finance and budgeting.
- Experience in all aspects of Bar, Restaurant, Gaming and T.A.B.
- Approval or ability to gain approval by DIA to operate gaming machines and TAB.
- A real focus on excellent customer service.
- The ability to lead and manage staff to provide consistent, professional delivery of service.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Employment Act and implementation of employment agreements
- Have good computer skills.
- Possess a good standard of written and oral communication.
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Proven knowledge and experience around sales and marketing, promotion of functions, events and membership drive would be an advantage.
- Management of the Waitomo Golf Club as part of the Otorohanga Club Inc business.
Please send your cover letter and CV to:
Otorohanga Club Inc.
107 Maniapoto Street
For a full job description and further details regarding the Club go to: www.otoclub.co.nz
Applications close Thursday 12th February 2015.
Christmas Trading Hours
A few clubs have been referring to Section 47 Sale and supply on Anzac Day morning, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day restricted: on-licences to determine whether they can open on Christmas Day.
Alcohol forum report released
The Ministerial Forum on Alcohol Advertising and Sponsorship Report appears to not recommend any changes to current advertising or sponsorship practices that take place in most of our member clubs.
Clubs should feel confident that they can continue to operate under the guidelines set out in Sections 237 and 288 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act which outlines what is and isn't acceptable promotion of alcohol.
Registrations now open for the Clubs New Zealand 2015 Conference and AGM
Registrations are now open for the Clubs New Zealand 2015 Conference and AGM being hosted by Club Waimea from 19th to 21st March 2015.