Setting up your online services account with the Companies Office
30 October 2019
The new Incorporated Societies Register was launched on 30 September 2019 and makes it much easier to keep up to date with your clubs filing requirements under the Incorporated Societies Act.
If you haven't had a look at the new Incorporated Societies Register we recommend you visit https://is-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz/ and familiarise yourself with the site before your club has filing due. Someone within the club will also need to register for the online services account in order to maintain your incorporated society. There are two steps to setting up an account - ensuring you have a RealMe login, and choosing the type of account you need.
1. Ensure you have a RealMe Login
To create an online services account you must first have a RealMe username and password. If you already have a RealMe login, you can use this to begin setting up your online services account with us.
If you already have a RealMe login
Click the 'Login' button at the top of the page if you already have a RealMe username and password
Creating a RealMe login
If you don't already have a RealMe login:
- Select the 'Create' link at the top of the page.
- Select 'Create a RealMe login' and follow the instructions to create a username and password.
Forgotten username or password
If you've forgotten your RealMe username or password:
- Click the RealMe logo at the top of this page.
- Select ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’.
- Choose to receive your username or password by email or text.
2. Choose the type of account
When you log in to the register with RealMe for the first time, you’ll be asked what type of online services account you would like to set up, or if you would like to join an existing organisation account.
There are two types of online services account: an individual account, and an organisation account.
- Select ‘I want to set up an individual account’ if you’ll be the only one using the account to manage the society's information.
- Select 'I want to set up an organisation account' to become the administrator of a new organisation account, where there'll be a number of people accessing the register on behalf of your society.
- Select 'I have an activation code' if you have received an invitation email (with an activation code) to join an organisation account as a user.
Confirm your authority to manage information
Before you can use your online services account to manage a society’s information on the register, you’ll need to confirm that you have the authority to do so. If you use your account to incorporate a new society, you will have your authority confirmed automatically. To manage information on the register for an existing society you must confirm to us that you have been authorised to access and update the society’s details.
More information on getting started on the register is available on https://is-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz/ along with other useful guides and information. Taking the time to get set up on the register now will save you and your club a lot of time when it comes to updating your clubs detail.