Rugby World Cup 2019™ Tournament Pass now available for purchase from Spark Sport
9 May 2019
Rugby fans can now get ready for wall-to-wall coverage of Rugby World Cup 2019. Until the end of May, fans can purchase their Tournament Pass for just $59.99. The Spark Sport Rugby World Cup 2019 Tournament Pass is the only way New Zealanders can access all 48 matches of the tournament live and on demand.
Jeff Latch, Head of Spark Sport is urging fans who want the complete Rugby World Cup experience, to get in early and purchase their Tournament Pass at the super-early bird price of $59.99.
“Tournament Pass holders will get access to full match replays for 30 days following each match, an array of highlights, preview and review programming. It includes access to a range of historic Rugby World Cup match content as soon as the pass is purchased, giving rugby fans another reason to sign up early and relive the excitement of previous years.”
“Spark Sport is the only place rugby fans will be able to watch every single match live; some of the free-to-air matches will be broadcast with a delay on TVNZ. Viewers will also have the flexibility of being able to watch on a wide range of devices.”
Simply head to sparksport.co.nz, where you’ll be able to buy a Tournament Pass as a one-off purchase. You will need to set up a Spark Sport account as part of the purchase, but don’t need a monthly subscription ($19.99) to buy a Tournament Pass.
Fans can purchase a Tournament Pass with peace of mind. If you buy a pass, then realise for whatever reason that it doesn’t work for you, at any time up to the tournament starting you can cancel the pass and get your money back.
Spark Sport pricing
- Super early bird Tournament Pass (8th May – 31st May 2019) – $59.99
- Early bird Tournament Pass (1st June – 10th September 2019) – $79.99
- Full price Tournament Pass (11th September – 2nd November 2019) – $89.99
- Match Pass (20th September – 2nd November 2019) – $24.99
Spark Sport device availability
Spark Sport is available today on:
- Web (via popular browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on laptops and desktops
- Spark Sport app for iPad and iPhone
- Spark Sport app for Android
To watch on a TV, customers can:
- AirPlay to Apple TV from an iPhone or iPad
- Chromecast to a TV from a web browser on a laptop or desktop or an iOS/ Android device
The Spark Sport app is planned to be available on Samsung TV, Apple TV and Android TV devices in June.
After this, the Spark Sport app will roll out progressively on all other devices (Sony Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Panasonic Smart TV). These platforms will all be live in advance of Rugby World Cup 2019.
Customers can check if their current Smart TV will be compatible for Spark Sport here.
Archive Rugby World Cup matches
The following archive matches are available to view by customers who have purchased a Tournament Pass. A range of other matches will be added in the coming weeks:
- 1987 Semi Final – All Blacks v Wales (includes Scotty Stevenson interviewing players from the match)
- 1987 Semi Final – France v Australia
- 1991 Final – Australia v England
- 1995 Semi Final – All Blacks v England (includes Scotty Stevenson interviewing players from the match)
- 1991 Semi Final – All Blacks v Australia (with Scotty Stevenson interviewing players from the match)
For media queries, please contact:
+64 (0)22 630 0665