Rotorua Citizens Club - Club Manager
25 February 2020
POSITION: Club Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO: The Executive Committee through the Club President. The President is deemed to be the Employer.
- To ensure the efficient and profitable running of all club operations.
- To develop and implement operational and business plans to assist in meeting the financial and strategic objectives of the club
- To develop and implement a positive and ongoing programme that publicises and promotes the club, ensuring the maximum utilisation of its various facilities and continued growth in club membership.
- To implement and maintain measurably and ongoing, increases in turn over that includes a sustainable increase in net profit. This will require the manager to plan and implement a schedule of regular varied activities and functions that cater for as wide a range of membership as possible.
- To review the strengths of the club in relation to its existing membership and present to the committee ideas for functions and events which will assist in expanding the membership base.
- To review and report on ideas and opportunities to publicise the club to the general public in order to encourage new membership applications. • To ensure that all necessary licences and certificates are up to date and renewed on time.
- To ensure that the club operates lawfully always.
- Ensure that the clubs policies and procedures are enforced always.
- To develop a culture within the club focused on customer service.
- The engagement and termination of staff.
- Delegation of authority and responsibilities to the general supervision of all staff.
- To be conversant with all aspects of the employment agreements for and/or on behalf of the club.
- Staff motivation, training and maintenance of effective employer/employee relations.
- Control of effective and economical rosters.
- Overseeing all contractors engaged by the club.
Candidates with experience and achieving excellence in restaurant management will be an advantage.Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability
- Ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- To maintain permanent records of all goods ordered and received, of stocks held at any given time and of the methods of disposal.
- To ensure that assessments are undertaken as directed by the Executive.
- Study and interpretation of trading results.•
- To keep prices and mark-ups under constant review and to make recommendations as he/she sees fit.
- To ensure accuracy in the handling and recording of all gaming income, reporting to the appropriate government agencies and compliance with the distribution of funds in accordance with the Authorised Purpose.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION:
- To plan and implement within defined budgets a marketing and promotional strategy for the club
- To oversee all marketing initiatives.
- To supervise and control all advertising and associated copy.
- To maximise beneficial exposure in the local and regional media by providing timely press invitations and releases for important events in which the club is involved.
- Ensure in conjunction with the club auditor that all assets and risks of the club are adequately covered by insurance and that all covers are reviewed annually. To maintain an up to date asset register and keep the Executive Committee advised as what assets or equipment need replacing at least six (6) months in advance.
- To attend all Executive and General Meetings, to submit such written reports as are necessary as required.
- To maintain a proper record of bookings for private and club functions. To organize and liaise in conjunction with appropriate sub committees to ensure that at least 12 functions and tournaments take place each year and proceed smoothly.
- To ensure all club premises, furniture and fittings are maintained in a hygienic, clean and tidy state that benefits the atmosphere of the club.
- To be responsible for the security of premises, stock, cash and other assets of the club.
- To promote and market the club as a community facility.
- Current Managers Certificate in accordance with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
- Must be able to qualify as a ‘Key Person’ under the terms of regulations attached to the Gambling Act 2003 and any subsequent amendments.
- Honest and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Positive and professional manner.
- Excellent personal hygiene.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Good time management skills
A competitive salary is negotiable and will reflect the ability of the successful applicant and the importance that is placed on maintaining the club’s status and expectations.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Please Email or Post your written application and CV to:
The President, email@example.com / PO Box 10186 Rotorua Mail Centre 3015
Closing Date: Friday 20th March 2020