Raglan Club - Manager
31 March 2021
The Raglan Club is located in the surfing mecca of Raglan by the sea. We have a great permanent community, good domestic tourism and, pre covid, we were a hot spot for travellers.
The Club has been in the main street of Raglan for over 60 years and we want it to stay there for another 60 years so we are moving with the times. The Club has heaps of potential, we just need someone with that innovative drive to keep taking us forward.
We have about 900 members and two properties. The Club is on the main street of Raglan and consists of a large bar, enclosed garden bar at the back, a deck in the front, a restaurant, 18 gaming machines, snooker and 8-ball tables, darts and indoor bowls. We also have a Bowling Club about 100m away which has a licenced Clubrooms and 2 bowling greens.
Our Club has made great progress in the last few years and now we need someone with vision to keep taking us forward. We are looking for an experienced manager to organise and oversee daily operations including gaming, staff and all aspects of compliance in the Club. Must be computer savvy and able to lead the Club into the next stage of growth.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong leadership and management skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- To develop a culture within the Club focused on excellent customer service.
- Be experienced in all aspects of Bar and Gaming operations.
- Organise and coordinate operations to ensure maximum efficiency, keeping costs down and maximising income.
- Be fully computer literate and comfortable with technology (think pos system, membership, sound systems, multiple tv's, sky, spark sport, security etc)
- Can promote and market the Club as a Community facility – including daily/ regular use of Social Media.
- Be a holder of a Club Managers certificate
- Promote the Club and organise events and visits from other interest groups and Clubs
- Supervise and evaluate bar staff and train them to provide excellent service to patrons while complying with a Club licence.
- Monitor beverage stocks to ensure adequate supplies are maintained and wastage is minimised.
- Ensure members and visitors are treated in a polite and welcoming manner
- Work with our restaurant to set up events and cater to groups
Let us know what you can do and together we can work out a remuneration plan based on experience and ideas. We envisage a salary of $60-$75,000. Send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can call for a chat.
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - Canterbury - North Otago - 15 May 2021
15 May 2021
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - Greater Auckland - 22 May 2021
22 May 2021
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - Wanganui - Taranaki - Manawatu - 19th June 2021
19 June 2021
2021 Club Management Conference
16 November 2021