New Zealanders and Australians have endorsed cash as a safe, preferred and reliable form of payment
8 July 2020
Next Payments recently conducted a survey of over 1,000 New Zealanders and Australians to understand the true sentiment on payment preferences and the results demonstrate that cash is a critical component of everyday life and commerce.
Key findings from the survey on payment preference are:
- More than 95% want freedom of choice to pay for goods and services with cash, and 82% consider it unfair that some businesses do not accept cash.
- 74% are concerned at hidden feesassociated with card payments.
- 63% of New Zealanders and Australians consider cash payments surcharge freeat point of purchase.
- 40% avoid businesses that do not accept cash.
- Nearly half consider paying with cash to be safer and cleaner than paying with cards.
- 77% consider cash to be the most reliable form of payment.
- More than half of respondents consider it easier to budget with cash.
Next Payments CEO Tim Wildash said that while COVID-19 is disrupting businesses and lifestyles, cash is safe, secure, private and remains key to economic stability.
For more information on Next Payments see their listing on the Clubs New Zealand MemberMarket website