Naenae Bowling Club - Club Manager
17 May 2023
Naenae Bowling Club is looking for a self-motivated Manager for our thriving club in Lower Hutt. We are a member of Clubs NZ and have hosted many national and international bowls events in our world class facilities.
You will be a Senior Manager from within the hospitality industry with the following attributes and experience:
- A great people leader who can support and develop a high functioning team
- Advanced financial and technology skills
- Strong understanding of Class 4 gaming operations and legislative compliance with the ability to be approved by DIA as Key Person for the venue
- Track record in proactive approaches that generate growth in revenue and membership
- Function and event management and growth
- Strong relationship building skills
- Understanding of Social Media platforms, website management and digital communications
- Experience in reporting to a Board
- Contractor and supplier relationships and management
An understanding of bowls is desirable but not essential as your priority will be driving the business of the club. We currently turn over more than $1M p.a. through our bar and gaming operations, with significant opportunity for growth in corporate membership, social membership and function revenue.
This is a hospitality-based role without the hospitality hours. You will work predominantly Monday to Friday with flexibility around being available at weekends during key events that we host throughout the year. You will be supported by a pro-active board and given autonomy to “own the role” and make your mark, reporting to the Board Chair. An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate, including the tools to do the job such as laptop, phone expenses and reimbursement for other business-related expenses.
If this sounds like you, we want your application. Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining why you are the candidate we’re looking for, to email@example.com. Applications close 5pm Friday 26th May 2023.