Johnsonville Club - Club Manager
30 May 2019
We are one of Wellington’s most progressive clubs catering for people of all ages within the community.
The Johnsonville Club prides itself on creating a genuinely warm and friendly venue for its members and visitors. Just 10 minutes from Wellington Railway Station by car or 20 minutes by train, our busy bar, restaurant, gaming room, TAB and function centre overlooks the Johnsonville Mall.
We are currently looking for Secretary/Manager (Club Manager) with extensive experience in running a similar club or business. The position reports to the Club President and the successful candidate will be responsible for all the operational aspects and compliance requirements of the Club.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be forward-thinking and adaptable, able to cope with the demands of a business in which no two days are ever the same. You’ll be able to channel your enthusiasm into your team, developing the business through your experience and knowledge.
- Significant people leadership/management experience.
- Hold a current Alcohol Manager’s Certificate
Experience, Knowledge & Technical skills:
- Leadership: Demonstrates honesty and integrity. Able to set objectives and goals with loose guidelines/directions. Clearly communicates expectations. Able to develop and support others.
- Stakeholder management: Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Team management: Able to collaboratively work with direct reports to set meaningful performance objectives; to identify the behaviours, knowledge and skills required to achieve goals; and to ensure opportunities for professional development are available. Able to hold direct reports to agreed levels of accountability.
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the individual with the needs of the business
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way.
- Detailed knowledge of the Bar, Restaurant, Gaming and TAB operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act, Gaming Act and other regulatory requirements for this industry
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient IT competency
A generous salary and incentive package is available to the successful applicant with flexible working hours. Some evening and weekend work is a pre-requisite.
Please visit either TradeMe (Click here) or Seek (Click here) to apply. Please include a CV & cover letter in your application. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications Close 5pm Wednesday 26 June 2019
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - Otago - Southland - 14 July 2019
14 July 2019
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - Northland- 21 July 2019
21 July 2019
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - Nelson - Marlborough - 27 July 2019
27 July 2019
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - South Waikato - Bay of Plenty - 3 August 2019
3 August 2019
2019 Club Managers Conference - Sydney
12 August 2019
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - South Waikato - Bay of Plenty - 9 November 2019
9 November 2019