Franklin Club - Kitchen Tender
11 September 2019
The Franklin Club is seeking expressions of interest from persons who wish to secure the lease to provide onsite catering to members, guests affiliates and the general public at the Clubs premises in Pukekohe. This will be operated from the restaurant and kitchen facilities at East St, Pukekohe.
The Club is situated in the CBD area of Pukekohe within proximity to the Rugby Stadium, local businesses both commercial and professional and within walking distance of Pukekohe Train Station.
The Club membership is approximately 1150 and is made up of families and individuals throughout the Franklin District.
The stand alone restaurant has seating for 120 patrons and the main club is undergoing internal changes that will allow the main lounge to be isolated to allow for functions and events ie weddings, conferences etc.
WHAT THE FRANKLIN CLUB OFFERS
- An existing customer base as a result of year round membership in a prime area.
- Fully equipped and up to date kitchen and restaurant with the ability to improve as required.
- Recently refurbished lounges with plans for more to be done.
- Function/Conference facilities are available and being promoted.
- The opportunity to out cater from Franklin Club.
- A mutually acceptable lease period open to negotiation.
HOURS OF OPERATION
These can vary due to functions and events but as a guideline existing hours are:
|Bar Licence||Monday to Sunday 11:00 to 01:00 but at discretion of manager|
|Restaurant||Wednesday to Saturday Lunch 11:30-2:00pm|
|Wednesday to Sunday Dinner from 5:30pm|
|Bar Snacks also available|
In addition there is the opportunity to capitalise on the foot traffic that utilises Pukekohe Train Station on a daily basis. It is anticipated that as many as 500 people per day pass by the Franklin Club each morning to utilise the train service. A café or coffee cart could be an inspirational bonus.
The rental for the facility restaurant/café will be calculated on a percentage of turnover
|Term||% of turnover||Expected Turnover||Minimum Rental|
|First 12 Months||7%||$250,000||$15,000|
EXPECTATION OF CATERERS
- Relevant experience in providing quality food at club prices.
- Ability to provide references.
- Ability to operate 7 days when required.
- Ability to adhere to all Council regulations and requirements.
- Customer Focused.
- Ability to work as a team with Franklin Club management and staff.
- Work with Franklin Club with a facility name that expresses co-operation.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
In twelve months’ time a successful operation will be catering to happy club members, guests, affiliates and the wider community with good quality meals at a reasonable price point. The caterers will be working well as a team with other Franklin Club staff to provide the best possible experience to our clientele. The operator will be happy getting a good financial return from a vibrant thriving business.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Expressions of Interest should be forwarded to Cliff Downes, Club Manager, either in person or by email: email@example.com
Expressions of interest should include
- Background information of applicants including relevant experience and references.
- Details of Chefs and access to staff as needed.
- If considering an early morning operation, a business plan for café.
- Suggested Menus and pricing.
- Start availability.
- Any other relevant information.
- Expression of Interest advertised 16th September 2019
- Close off for interested party questions 30th September 2019
- Site visits Monday/Tuesdays only By 15th October 2019
- Close off for EOI submissions 25th October 2019
- Shortlists notified 8th November 2019
- Interviews/trials 18th/19th November 2019
- Contract awarded 30th November 2019
- Contract start date 1st January 2020