Franklin Club - Secretary/Manager
1 May 2019
The Franklin Club is Franklin’s Premier Club and has gained a reputation as a very successful local entertainment and leisure facility with over 97 years of community involvement. The Club is currently offering an exciting challenge for an energetic, result oriented and experienced Secretary/Manager who will be capable of leveraging off the Clubs successes in the hospitality / Club industry where they provide quality services to a diverse membership.
The successful candidate will be expected to quickly step up and take control, showing that they have the commercial nous to manage the existing facilities while implementing the Executives strategic vision. The Franklin Club has large premises that provides bar, restaurant, gaming, sporting and “function” services to members and their guests and prides itself on the services they offer and wish to continually expand and improve on in the future.
Applications for the position are invited from those who can demonstrate outstanding relationship management skills and proven results in developing and leading a high performing team. Applicants will also:
- Have a strong business and management background preferably in the hospitality industry with the commensurate financial, computer and administrative skills
- Develop and implement operational and business plans to assist in meeting the financial and strategic objectives of the club
- Have the ability to develop and implement change plans to achieve strategic goals
- Have the skills and experience to market the Club and its activities, generating increased membership and sales growth
- Have the flexibility to make the hours work for you
- Be a holder of a Club Manager’s Certificate and be approved by Internal Affairs to operate gaming machines or be able to obtain both within 3 months of starting employment
- Be member focused always
The Club offers a generous remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications can be made by sending a cover letter and CV via email to:
President – Franklin Club
Ref: Secretary/Manager Vacancy
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this role.
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - Wanganui - Taranaki - Manawatu - 15 June 2019
15 June 2019
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - South Waikato - Bay of Plenty - 3 August 2019
3 August 2019
2019 Club Managers Conference - Sydney
12 August 2019
Clubs New Zealand Area Meeting - South Waikato - Bay of Plenty - 9 November 2019
9 November 2019
Clubs New Zealand 2020 Conference, AGM & EXPO
19 March 2020