Clubs New Zealand - Support Services Coordinator
28 August 2019
Clubs New Zealand is looking for a Support Services Coordinator to join our small but busy Wellington based team.
Clubs New Zealand is the leading association for clubs in New Zealand. We are a member led, not-for-profit organisation representing more than 300 clubs around the country, including chartered clubs, community clubs, cosmopolitan clubs, workingmen's clubs, sports clubs and returned services associations. Our main activities involve providing a large range of services to our members including an AGM and Conference, advocacy, lobbying government, and developing strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the private and public sector.
Clubs New Zealand membership is currently over 300 Clubs who collectively administer approximately 300,000 members.
The growth of Clubs New Zealand has necessitated the need for this new position within the team at National Office. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Support Services Co-Ordinator will work closely with the Operations Manager and the Southern and Northern Managers to enhance key functions of Clubs New Zealand’s National Office with a primary focus on delivering support and guidance to member clubs. Key areas of support include but are not limited to Class 4 Gaming and General Bar Operations.
Skills needed for the role;
- Experience and Knowledge within the Hospitality and/or Clubs sector
- Well networked with connections in key agencies
- Good computer skills and software awareness (to be discussed)
- Knowledge of online commercialisation opportunities (websites and social media)
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of interest groups including Club Managers and employees, committee members, officials and volunteers, members and supporters, the general public, and local and national government agencies
- Proven ability to be innovative
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- High integrity with a positive and proactive attitude
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the club industry.
A position description is available upon request.
Applications close Friday 4th October 2019.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
All enquires to Clubs New Zealand Chief Executive, Larry Graham larry@clubsnzcom