Clubs New Zealand National Database - It is time to take action
29 August 2019
For the last few years Clubs New Zealand has been working hard to embrace technology and implement a digital strategy that will help to unite the network of clubs like it has never been united before, as well as come up with innovative new ways to help club members get more out of their membership.
From the get go this project has been about supporting compliance efforts and enhancing member services. In order for Clubs New Zealand to continue to develop this project and look at adding even more features to the database and app we need clubs to take decisive action and support the strategy.
Joining the National Database
Currently this is done via an export – import process, meaning that your club will need to export specific data from your database and send this as a CSV file to Clubs New Zealand which they will be able to import into the CRM.
The data fields we are asking for are (those with an Asterix are required);
- Member First Name*
- Member Surname*
- Date of Birth*
- Membership Number*
- Membership Expiry*
- Membership Type*
We have produced an excel template (attached above) so that you can see exactly what information we require and the format we require it in for the data import to be successful.
Once we are able to load your members data we will come back to you to confirm it is good to go and then we can start getting your members signed into the app and finding out how they can get more out of their membership!
Ideally we would like to see this process improved and streamlined, there is a bit of work to do there in improving the accuracy and consistency of data collected by clubs.
Why is this important
A number of years ago Clubs New Zealand identified the need for a strong digital strategy in order to adapt and prepare for the changing environment we operate in.
Clubs New Zealand has invested heavily (both in dollars and time) in developing systems to support this digital strategy, but it will all be naught if our member clubs do not support and embrace it.
The National Database will allow Clubs New Zealand to;
- Communicate and advocate more effectively with local and central government agencies. Government want factual demographics of our membership – the database will allow us to do this.
- Engage with potential business partners – while we will never provide your members data to a third party, the ability for us to produce a database 300,000 strong is hugely compelling when negotiating offers and benefits for club members.
- Take the pressure off you – we can spread the word about Clubs New Zealand tournaments, sports and other events directly to your members.
- Provide additional benefits for your members – there is more to your membership.
- Clubs New Zealand can explore ways to further enhance compliance with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
These are just a few reasons for clubs to embrace this strategy, but more benefits will be achievable once more clubs come on board.
Talk to us
The first step to getting on board is being part of the conversation and giving it a go. If your database is not quite up to scratch lets have a chat as to how to make that happen, if you are worried about privacy lets talk about and see where things currently sit.
For more information contact email@example.com