Clubs New Zealand 2021 Wage and Salary Guide
16 September 2021
We would like to thank all clubs that participated in this years Wage and Salary Survey and are pleased to announce that the Clubs New Zealand 2021 Wage and Salary Guide is now available for members to download in the resource room.
The 2021 Wage and Salary Survey was conducted as an online survey from 5th July 2021 through to 31st August 2021 for which we received a total of 115 responses.
Using the results of the survey we have produced the Wage and Salary Guide which has been prepared into the following sections;
- National Results Summary
- Analysis for five key positions based on geographical location
- Membership size comparison
As with previous Wage and Salary Guides other than for the position of Club Manager there is little correlation between the clubs membership size and the wage and or salary. Likewise for the positions broken down by region we can see that the wage and/or salary still closely matches the National Average. This suggests that there is a continuing focus on designing remuneration packages which take into account qualifications, experience, budget, minimum wage and the needs of the club, rather than focusing on membership size and geographic location.
Comparisons to the 2020 Wage and Salary Survey
- Since the 2020 Wage and Salary Survey the New Zealand Adult Minimum Wage has increased 5.28% from $18.90 per hour to $20.00 per hour.
- The average Salary for Club Managers (includes CEO & Secretary Managers) decreased 0.49% from $74,017.88 to $73,658. Over the last several years the average salary for Club Managers has steadily increased, we attribute this small decrease to a larger number of responses from “smaller” clubs.
- The average Wage for Duty Managers moved up 9.2% to $23.00 per hour from the average wage recorded in the 2020 Wage and Salary Guide. While the average wage for a bar person (without LCQ) increased at a similar rate of 9.89% from an average of $19.51 to $21.44 per hour.
- The majority of clubs still have no training budget in place.
Download the Wage and Salary Guide
To download the 2021 Wage and Salary Guide please login to the website and visit Members Area>Resources>Human Resource Management>Wage and Salary Guide or you can use the link below after signing in: