Club Metro - Club Manager
7 September 2023
Bring your business management talents over to Club Metro and play a significant part in the next stage of our development!
The objectives of the role
The focus of the role is to drive the Club’s operations and oversee performance and delivery of key objectives. You will support and lead the team and promote a culture that aligns with the overall Club Metro vision, mission and values and create a place that exceeds patron’s expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a business savvy person who is keen to bring their leadership and administrative skills to the forefront to ensure that the facilities of the club are functioning well. You will have your hand on the pulse across all areas, which will include the following activities:
- All administrative tasks associated with the running of the club, including budgeting, stock control, all record keeping, control of cash on the premises.
- Legal requirements associated with the industry to ensure that government legislation for gaming and liquor licensing, are complied with
- Maintenance and security of the property
- Planning of activities and looking at growth strategies
- All marketing and promotions and website management
- Hands on activities across the various sections as required
Situated in the heart of Whanganui, Club metro was formed in 2018 as an amalgamation of the Whanganui Cosmopolitan Club and the Whanganui RSA. Both clubs share a great history of over 100 years connecting our community and providing great social hubs that bring people together. Club Metro is a fast growing vibrant community club boasting a membership of over 800.
The ideal candidate
We visualise the ideal candidate will be a person who has preferably managed a similar operation or related industry and can adopt a modern and forward thinking approach to increasing patronage and build on the existing Club facilities, to ensure a fantastic community atmosphere that people will want to spend time in. Along with this you will need the following attributes and skills:
- Able to build strong relationships with the President and Executive Committee
- Experience in marketing and promotional work
- Computer savvy and competent with Xero
- Able to build a strong health and safety culture
- Able develop and train the team to be high performers
- Connect well with a wide range of people in the community
- A great attitude and work ethic
This is a role that will challenge you in every way and for the right person the rewards will be great!
All applications must be submitted online with an updated CV and a cover letter outlining why you consider your skills and experience are suited to this role. For a confidential discussion, please contact Leroy Thompson PH:06 349-0149 email:firstname.lastname@example.org