ClubSmart Committee Training - Hobsonville RSA
25 June 2023
Clubs New Zealand will be running a ClubSmart Committee training course on Sunday 25th June at the Hobsonville RSA.
Topic: ClubSmart Committee Training
When: Sunday 25th June, 10.30am - 12.30pm
Presented by: Dave Tilley, General Manager Northern
Clubs New Zealand's ClubSmart training is designed to help club committee's understand their role, responsibilities and liabilities. The focus of the training is confirming the difference between Governance and Management and the pitfalls of 'blurring' the line between the two.
Topics covered include:
- understanding your clubs makeup - not just a club but a business; not-for-profit organisation; incorporated or friendly society
- committee duties and responsibilities
- executive and committee liabilities
- compliance - gaming, harm minimisation, sale of alcohol and all relevant legislation
- membership issues
- financial reporting
- employment issues
- principals of risk management
This training should appeal to new and experienced committee members alike, keep yourself up-to-date on what's happening in clubland and upskill yourselves, but above all else find out what it takes to ensure your club is compliant.
Committee members from all Clubs New Zealand member Clubs are welcome, morning tea will be available from 10.00am
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021758577 to confirm your attendance.
Please support this event as best you can.