Alert Level 3 Guidance - Auckland
As of 11.59pm, Sunday 14th February, Auckland will be moving into Alert Level 3 for a period of three days.
If you're unwell
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
- If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
Golden Rules for business at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it can not operate.
- Your staff should work from home if they can.
- Keep contact tracing records of anyone who has close interaction, for example staff and contractors.
- All businesses must display an NZ COVID Tracer QR code for each business location. This came into effect at 11:59am Wednesday 19 August 2020.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises unless you are a supermarket, dairy, petrol station, pharmacy or permitted health service.
- Your business must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures must be maintained. Physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers must stay home if they are sick.
- Staff must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical. Other measures, such as PPE including face coverings, should be used where appropriate.
- Different advice applies to essential healthcare workers, border agencies, courts and tribunal staff, first responders and corrections staff. You can get further advice from the Ministry of Health (external link).
- You must meet all other health and safety obligations.